We wanted to know more about our speakers and their point of view in this competitive industry, so we set up some interviews that will tell you a little more about their perspective. #TeCOMM asked, Ana Sipciu answered.
- We rise THE question to the industry: Do you have what it takes to play in the big league? What do you think should every big player must have so he could answer with a confident YES to our question? 🙂
I think any big player (or any player aiming to enter the big league) should have empathy as a core value. Empathy allows you to understand consumers from various cultures and backgrounds (extremely important especially if you’re going international) and it helps you build an employee-first business. Happy employees will find meaning in their work and will invest themselves fully into it. You can’t be a big player without building a great team.
- This year’s theme focuses on mistakes. Which is the biggest mistake you have made as a professional in this field and what have you learned from it?
Talking more than listening :). When you’re an expert in your field, sometimes you feel like you know the answer before the other finishes his sentence. I have learned to be more quiet and wait until the real issues surface in the conversation.
- Mention 3 brands that you love and why
Google, because it helps me answer any question, Android, because it’s fast and super easy to use, YouTube, because it can keep me entertained to no end 🙂
- One thing that Google doesn’t know about you
I misplaced my car keys in the morning and Google has no idea where they are. I asked 🙁
- The book you are currently reading:
“Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business”, by Neil Postman. Published in 1985, yet incredibly fitted to our times.
Ana Sipciu, Industry Manager@Google România
Ana has joined the Google team 4 years ago, after working for more than 12 years in all areas of online, from content strategy and publishing to web development, digital advertising and media strategy. As an industry manager on Retail, is thrilled to be working with the leading Romanian companies in e-commerce.